Directions & Parking
Getting to the Theatre
From the West of Waukegan (Mundelein, Grayslake, Libertyville)
1. Take Belvidere Road/IL-120 E heading east towards the lake.
2. Continue to follow IL-120 to Genesee Street.
3. Turn Left onto South Genesee Street.
4. The theater is on the Northeast corner of Genesee and Clayton Streets.
From the South of Waukegan (Airport, Chicago, Highland Park)
1. Take the I-94 W. ramp toward Milwaukee.
2. Merge onto the Edens Expressway/US-41.
3. Continue North on Edens Expressway/US-41.
4. Take the Washington Street exit and head east toward the lake.
5. Continue East on Washington Street to Genesee Street.
6. Turn Left onto South Genesee Street.
7. The theater is on the Northeast corner of Genesee and Clayton Streets.
From the North (Milwaukee, Kenosha)
1. Take the I-94 S/Tri-State Tollway Ramp toward Indiana.
2. Merge onto I-94 E (portions toll).
3. Take the IL-132 E Grand Avenue exit heading east toward the lake.
4. Turn right onto North Genesee Street.
5. The theater is a half block south of Grand Avenue on the Northeast corner of Genesee and Clayton Streets.
Parking meters are available in the immediate vicinity along Genesee St. and is complimentary after 5:00pm. (Before 5pm metered parking is $.50 per hour)
Parking structure: Ample parking available in the city’s Parking Structure located at 225 N County St. Please enter on County Street. Parking is $10 and only accepts cash.
The city of Waukegan has contracted with Advantage Valet to provide both valet and structure parking.
Valet and structure parking is available first come first serve thru for most events. For more information please visit http://www.advantagevalet.com/index.html
Please approach the valet area from the west on Clayton Street. Valet parking is $15 and accepts cash only.
Structure parking is available first come first serve for most events. Entrance is located on County Rd between Clayton and Genesee St. Structure parking is $10 and accepts cash only.
For more information please visit Advantage Valet's website. http://www.advantagevalet.com/index.html
The Union Pacific/North Metra Rail is just a short walk to the Genesee Theatre. Please visit www.metrarail.com for train schedules.
Pace Transit provides daily service to Downtown Waukegan. Visit http://www.pacebus.com/sub/schedules/search_results.asp?TYPE=community&KEYWORD=Waukegan for schedules and pricing.